February 11, 2022 (Virtual)
This year’s James Bailey Herd Health Conference will be held virtually. The cost to attend for members is $100 and the cost for non-members is $150.
For those attending both this meeting and the West River CE Meeting, the SDVMA offers a discounted rate. The cost to attend both meetings is $125 for SDVMA members and $200 for non-members.
Herd Health for Backyard & Youth Project Animals
- 9:00 AM – Dr. Russ Daly – Welcome: Dr. Bailey’s Legacy
- 9:10 AM – Dr. Larry Goelz, Windy Ridge Veterinary Clinic, Pipestone, MN – Veterinary Care and Health for Small Sheep Operations
- 10:10 AM – Dr. Joan Bowen, Wellington, CO – Veterinary Care and Health for Goat Operations
- 11:10 AM – Dr. Lainie Kringen-Scholz, Twin Lakes Vet Clinic, Madison, SD – Basic Horse Procedures and Health Care for the “Occasional” Equine Vet
- 12:10 PM – Lunch Break
- 1:00 PM – SD Animal Industry Board – Keeping Unusual and Foreign Animal Diseases in Mind When Working with Backyard Animal Producers
- 1:45 PM – Dr. Geoff Lossie, Purdue University – What Veterinarians Should Know About Backyard Poultry Flocks
- 2:45 PM – Dr. Todd Price, North Central Veterinary Services, Sycamore, OH – Veterinary Care and Health Programs for Show Pigs and Small-scale Swine Producers
- 3:45 PM – Dr. Andrea Hennen, Glacial Lake Veterinary Clinic, Watertown, SD – Health Care and Considerations for Backyard Rabbit Projects
- 4:45 PM – Wrap up and questions
- 5:00 PM – Adjourn