December 7-9, 2023
Sioux Falls, SD
Space was limited to 20 participants and now full.
The purpose of the workshop is to enable food-animal and mixed-animal oriented practitioners to understand practice finances and successfully manage and grow their business for profit or sale.
At the workshops, participants will:
- Learn to analyze practice cash-flows to determine profitability and identify trends
- Use value proposition concepts to identify and assess current and future client needs
- Use partial budgeting to gauge cash-flows, and establish timelines
- Forecast to predict how cash-flows may change with new or existing services
- Learn about practice valuation for sale, transition or buy-in
- Learn about practice acquisition financing
- Have an opportunity to share experiences and ideas with peers
David McCormick. MS, CVA
David McCormick is a veterinary practice appraiser, broker and transaction specialist. For over 20 years, he has been helping veterinarians with practice valuations, facilitating transactions, and helping current and future practice owners reach their financial goals. He teaches nationally and internationally on these topics and operates the veterinary brokerage firms Simmons Mid-Atlantic and Simmons Great Lake.
David C. Welch, VMD, MBA
David Welch has provided private practice business consulting to veterinary practices for over a decade. He was the project manager for the AAPB committee on Veterinary Practice Sustainability Committee and helped develop the materials used in this workshop.
Dick Lewis, MBA
Dick Lewis spent his entire career in finance and acquisitions. During his career, he led the small business
planning function for American Express (now Ameriprise). He has his own finanicial consulting firm for clients such as American Express, US Ban, Cigna, 3M and Target. He helped develop the materials used in this workshop.
A block of sleeping rooms are available at the Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel for a rate of $115.00 per night. Attendees can make reservations by calling the hotel at 605-336-0650 and asking for the SDVMA Room Block. The reduced rate is available until November 8th.
SDVMA Member – $600, Non-SDVMA Member – $800