January 29, 2022 (In-Person AND Virtual)
8:00 am – 5:00 pm MST
8 Credit Hours
This year’s West River Veterinary Continuing Education meeting will be held in-person at the Ramkota Hotel in Rapid City and Virtually via Zoom. The member cost to attend is $60 and the non-member cost is $100.
For those attending both this meeting and the James Bailey Herd Health Conference, the SDVMA offers a discounted rate. The cost to attend both meetings is $125 for SDVMA members and $200 for non-members.
**Registration closes January 28, 2022 at noon**
Jason B. Pieper, DVM, MS, DACVD
Dr. Pieper is currently an Assistant Professor for Dermatology at Iowa State University. He attended veterinary school at Iowa State University and graduated in 2009 which was followed up by a rotating internship in the greater Chicago area and a dermatology internship in Phoenix. He completed a dermatology residency at the University of Illinois in 2015 and became a diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Dermatology in 2015. Dr. Pieper also completed his master’s degree in 2016 at the University of Illinois. He was a Clinical Assistant Professor and the Dermatology and Otology Service Head at the University of Illinois until 2020. His areas of interest in veterinary dermatology include otitis, resistant bacterial infections, dermatohistopathology, platelet rich plasma, CO2 laser and dermoscopy.
- 8:00 AM – Managing Allergic Dermatitis for Dogs and Cats
- 9:00 AM – Annoying and Stubborn Ear Infections
- 10:00 AM – Topical Therapies…Old and New
- 11:00 AM – Clinical Practice Tips for Success in Dermatology
- 12:00 PM – Lunch Break
- 1:00 PM – Bald CAN be Beautiful!
- 2:00 PM – Common Diagnostics Performed in Dermatology
- 3:00 PM – Unique, but not Odd! Common Cutaneous Autoimmune Diseases
- 4:00 PM – This or That? Dissecting your Differential Diagnosis
- 5:00 PM – Adjourn