Veterinary Science Director/Instructor
Sitting Bull College
Position Title: Veterinary Science Director/Instructor
Location: Sitting Bull College Fort Yates, ND
Salary: Faculty, Bachelor Level (Exempt)
Supervision: Dean of Academics
Summary of Work:
Sitting Bull College is seeking a dynamic, experienced Vet Technician to provide instruction and internship oversight students enrolled in the associate of applied science degree program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide instruction for veterinary technician students in lecture and laboratory settings.
2. Facilitate demonstrations, observation, and evaluation of student essential skills performance.
3. Maintain laboratory environments for instruction by assembling necessary resources.
4. Serve as an advisor and mentor for vet tech students enrolled in the A.A.S. program.
5. Promote and recruit students for the vet tech program.
6. Establish and monitor an internship learning plan for each student enrolled in the vet tech program which would include: a) set up objectives for the internship; b) locate internship sites and identify onsite supervisor; c) verify internship hours completed by student.
7. Update and maintain curriculum in vet technology to meet accreditation standards;
8. Complete annual program assessment for the A.A.S. degree in veterinary technician program.
9. Complete program reviews per established five-year schedule.
10. Maintain inventory of department equipment.
11. Hold advisory committee meetings.
12. Provide friendly, helpful customer service to students, clients, and visitors,
13. Attend all scheduled college functions and meetings as required;
14. Serve on college committees as appointed.
15. Remain current in the field of Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Technician and/or Veterinary Technician Education through a variety of professional activities.
16. Perform other essential job functions as assigned by the Dean of Academics.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Technology from an AVMA/CVMA accredited program.
2. Minimum of five years of experience as a Vet Tech.
3. Teaching experience preferred.
4. Clinical experience with both large and small animals.
5. Knowledge of the Certified Veterinary Technician's role in the veterinary profession.
6. Experience working with Certified Veterinary Technicians in a clinical, research, and/or academic setting preferred.
7. Knowledgeable and experience working with federal and tribal programs.
New hires are subject to Federal. State Tribal background checks and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing. Must be drug and alcohol free. AA * EEO * M * F * B Employer
Please submit: Cover letter, Resume, official transcripts, 3 current reference letters signed and dated (1 from immediate supervisor), certificate of Indian blood (if applicable), copy of Social Security Card & Valid driver’s license & SBC Background check to:
Personnel Office Sitting Bull College 9299 HWY 24 Fort Yates, ND 58538 (701)854-8004
Any applicant not having the above documents enclosed will not be considered