Progressive mixed animal practice in central South Dakota seeking Associate Veterinarian

Prairie View Veterinary Clinic

Miller, SD
Position Details

Prairie View Veterinary Clinic is a mixed animal practice in east central South Dakota. We cover a big territory and have a large, loyal customer base that is continually growing. Our knowledgeable doctors have created a reputation for quality work and consultation to maximize our customer’s profits. We are very active in our community events and play numerous roles in different organizations. Doing so has built up a lot of respect from our customers and we receive an adequate amount of business from referrals.

We are consistently busy throughout the year especially with large animal services including but not limited to: herd health & consulting, reproductive services including ultrasounding for pregnancy, breeding soundness exams, artificial insemination and embryo flushes & transfers, and other general herd work. We are getting to have more of a demand from our small animal customers as well. We are currently a six-doctor practice looking to expand to seven doctors. Our clinic has a sound support staff, including many vet techs and assistants to provide for an efficient and productive work environment. We have four locations in Miller, Redfield, Highmore & Wessington Springs, with outreach into the surrounding communities. 75% of our practice is cow/calf & feedlot, with the remaining 25% of our practice being small animal & equine. We are equipped with multiple ultrasounds, Digital & CR X-ray, in-house serum chemistry & CBC machines, in-house progesterone, and in-house Coggins lab. We have multiple portable hydraulic calf and cow chutes with scales, haul-in facilities with multiple tip chutes in clinic & OB stall, small animal dental equipment, equine power float, along with other equipment.

East Central, South Dakota is an excellent place for families to live, work and play. Our region has exceptional education systems, progressive businesses in each town, all while still having the small-town feel. The area offers numerous hunting and fishing opportunities as well as golf courses, water sports and other recreational activities.

Position Details

Prairie View Vet Clinic is seeking a full or part time veterinarian with an interest in mixed animal practice. Candidate must be well rounded, motivated, client centered, team oriented, and willing to put in hours as needed to join our young and progressive team. We have a friendly and inviting work environment, and a dedicated support staff. We offer a competitive salary and benefits including health insurance, paid continued education, vacation/sick leave, retirement plan, association dues, shared on call schedule, and practice vehicle as necessary. We work closely with the state to fulfill areas with a veterinary shortage in exchange for loan repayment and have had multiple doctors in our practice receive loan repayment.

Please contact Dr. Eric Knock at (605)853-0008 for more information. If you have a cover letter, resume and references available, please e-mail them to or fax them to (605)853-5501.

Katie Hunsucker (605) 354-9986 | Email | Website