February 11, 2017
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
South Dakota State University
Northern Plains Biostress Building, Room 103
Herd Health for Backyard and Youth Project Animals
8 credit hours
This year’s James Bailey Herd Health Conference steps into the world of backyard, hobby, and youth project “herds” and flocks. Information in this year’s conference is geared toward the mixed and companion animal practitioner called upon to troubleshoot problems in these animals and examine groups and individuals for health certification.
Featured Speakers & Topics
- What Veterinarians Should Know about Backyard Poultry Flocks – Dr. Rob Porter, University of Minnesota
- Veterinary Care & Health Considerations for the Backyard Sheep or Goat Flock – Dr. Susan McClanahan, University of Minnesota
- Veterinary Care & Considerations for Backyard and Youth Project Swine Herds – Dr. Joseph Yaros, Pipestone Veterinary Systems
- What Veterinarians Should Know about Honeybee Health – Katie Lee, University of Minnesota
- Health Care and Considerations for Backyard Rabbit Projects – Dr. Andrea Hennen, Lake Area Veterinary Clinic, Watertown
- Rules and Regulations Surrounding Backyard and Youth Project Animal Groups – SD Animal Industry Board
Plus: Updates from the SDSU Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences Department
A block of rooms has been reserved at two hotels near Exit 132 on I-29: the Fairfield Inn (605-692-3500) at $99.00; and My Place (605-696-3150) at $94.00. To ensure availability at the stated rates, make your reservation no later than January 26 and mention SDVMA. If you have any questions, please contact Janice Kampmann at email@example.com or 605-688-6649.