February 9, 2019
8:00 – 5:00 (Onsite registration begins at 7:30 a.m.)
South Dakota State University Northern Plains Biostress Building, Room 103
Across from the Animal Disease Research & Diagnostic Laboratory
1390 College Avenue, Brookings, SD
The Health of Your Practice
8 Credit Hours
This year’s James Bailey Herd Health Conference will feature a nationally-known speaker on practice management issues, Dr. Byron Farquer. Throughout the day he will cover those non-medical practice issues that often mean the difference between success and persistent struggles for the mixed-animal practice. Topics expected to be covered include:
- Inventory Management
- Product Marketing and Client Satisfaction
- Improving Profitability: Emphasis on the Mixed Animal Practice
- KPI’s and Benchmarks: Monitoring your Practice’s Financial Health
- Understanding Practice Valuation
- Real Estate: Advantages and Disadvantages of Buying vs. Leasing
- Selling Your Practice: 8 Steps to a Successful Sale
- Corporate Consolidators: What they want, What they do, and What you need to know
The information covered in this year’s conference will be of interest to practice owners as well as associates. Practice staff members are welcome as well.
Cost to attend is $100 for SDVMA members and $145 for non members. The registration fee includes lunch & handouts.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Comfort Suites University, 929 25thAvenue, Brookings (605-692-2882) at $99.00. To ensure availability at the stated rates, make your reservation no later than January 24 and mention SDVMA.