Preceptorship Opportunity in east central South Dakota

Prairie View Veterinary Clinic

Offices in Highmore, Redfield & Miller, SD
Position Details

Prairie View Vet Clinic is seeking a full-time or part-time veterinary student or preceptor in our clinic. Candidate must be well rounded, motivated, client centered, team oriented, and willing to put in hours as needed to assist our young and progressive team. We have a friendly and inviting work environment, and a dedicated support staff.

Practice Description: Prairie View Veterinary Clinic is a mixed animal practice in east central South Dakota. We cover a big territory and have a large, loyal customer base that is continually growing. Our knowledgeable doctors have created a reputation for quality work and consultation to maximize our customer’s profits. We are very active in our community events and play numerous roles in different organizations. Doing so has built up a lot of respect from our customers and we receive an adequate amount of business from referrals.

We are consistently busy throughout the year especially with large animal services, but are getting to have more of a demand from our small animal customers. We are currently a five-doctor practice looking to expand to 6 doctors; several vet techs and a growing support staff with three locations in Miller, Redfield, & Highmore. There is also potential for expansion. 75% of our practice is cow/calf & feedlot, with the remaining 25% of our practice being small animal & equine. Our equine practice is growing since adding on a recent graduate that specializes in Chiropractic and Acupuncture work. We are equipped with multiple portable ultrasounds, in-house serum chemistry, multiple portable hydraulic calf and cow chutes with scales, horse stalks, haul-in facility with multiple tip chutes in clinic, small animal dental equipment, and equine power float among other equipment.

East Central, South Dakota is an excellent place for families to live, work and play. Highmore, Miller and Redfield all have exceptional education systems, progressive businesses in each town and all have the small-town feel. The area offers numerous hunting and fishing opportunities as well as golf courses, water sports and other recreational activities.

The student will have the opportunity to work in all areas of the practice, and receive guidance and direction from a PVVC veterinarian. If you have a cover letter, resume and references available, please e-mail them to millervetclinic@gmail.com or fax them to (605)853-0008.

Availability

Please call to discuss dates – we will consider applications throughout the year for the months desired.

Compensation

Dependent on experience.

Housing Available

Yes, there are several options.

Dr. April Schilder or Dr. Eric Knock | Email